Monitor your organization’s recognition of the courage initiators below. You do this by creating new scorecards such as regular reporting systems that can distinguish between on-courage-strategy work and off-courage strategy work. Then verify whether you or your firm measure up to the courage behaviors and states of mind.
• Face the facts: Denial is saying “no” to courage
• Quickly take action: Swift to review worst-case scenarios
• Keep stepping up: Always move forward
• Know the value of sacrifice and discipline: Specifically declare an intent about what you want to happen
• Value “courageous will:” If there’s a will there’s a Way
• Individuals ask for the tough projects (the project no one wants): An esteem that allows you to take on a high learning curve project or high risk management aptitude or the organization eagerly seeks our new challenges (both display burning passion to create something new)
• Trouble shooting abilities: Invite positive dissent
• Express views in a timely manner: Sensitivity to introverts/extraverts
• “Real” skills people are hired with determination, ability to be vulnerable, hold themselves 100% accountable, to name a few.
• Evoke employees to access higher meanings and purpose in their lives. In other words, what they care about so their passion vibrates such as portrayed in genuine communication
• Admit mistakes
• Recognize “first red flags, eyes wide open” response rather than turning a blind eye
This process not only reveals the truth about your workforce, it also eliminates unwanted debris such as undermining scripts that stall progress.
One day’s courage often predicts the next day’s expansion in creativity, inspiration, dedication, deeper engagement to the task, intensity, innovation, and the willingness to share insights. Models of individual courage give others permission to grow. No longer immune to its energy, courage deposits allow your heart to exhibit genius.
Comments are closed.