We all have our preference for time management and perceive our way of managing time as the best. While conducting a Continuing Professional Education program for finance people, I asked participants to write on a flipchart the answers to this question: What do you perceive are your greatest time management assets? Below are their answers. Can you identify and do you agree?
Jupiter folks consider their greatest assets to be:
• Neat and well organized
• Diligent about proofing all work
• Believe that accuracy is more important than speed
• Efficient and good at planning
• Dependable and predictable
• Good with follow through and follow up
• Anal retentive
• Effective at prioritizing
• Love the motto: “Just do it!”
Pluto folks consider their greatest assets to be:
• Adaptable attitude: “Don’t worry; it will get done!”
• Full knowledge of what comprises all the piles
• Enthusiastic about change
• Believe that multi-tasking is the key
• More well-rounded
• Able to make transitions quickly and easily to handle a crisis
• Believe their time is well spent doing something meaningful
In two weeks I will blog about tips that you can use to reach out to your peers, family or a stranger who might prefer your opposite approach to managing time.
Comments are closed.